Niños de Guatemala
The “Experience Guatemala Tour”:
See first-hand Niños de Guatemala’s Work in the Primary School Nuestro Futuro
About Niños de Guatemala (NDG):
Our Mission: To provide a better future for Guatemalan children and youth
NDG is a 2006-established Guatemalan-Dutch non-governmental organization, which works towards building a better future for Guatemalan children where such work is needed most.
We believe the keys to achieve such a goal are: education, empowering local communities and reaching self-sufficiency.
“So what is life like in Guatemala?” This is probably what friends and relatives will ask you when you return home. But are you going to be able to answer? Of course you will speak about the beautiful ruins of the Mayan area, the Baroque churches and colonial houses in Antigua.
But will you really know what daily life is like in Guatemala?
Why the “Experience Guatemala Tour”? To get a better idea of what the daily life of Guatemalans looks like, join our tour to Ciudad Vieja. Only 15 minutes away from Antigua by “chicken bus”, you will discover another reality and get a better understanding of the background and needs of Primary School Nuestro Futuro’s students.
All proceeds are directly invested in the education of our children.
On the agenda: discover the “real” Guatemala
- A visit to two typical local enterprises: a workshop, where “chicken buses” are refurbished and a carpentry shop, where coffins are produced.
- A walk through the “campo” (fields) where most of the families work growing corn, coffee and potatoes
- A walk through the neighborhood where Nuestro Futuro’s students live.
- A visit to the primary school Nuestro Futuro where a “comida típica” (typical food) prepared by the children’s mothers will be served.
Price: All proceeds are directly invested in the education of our children.
- 20 euros
- 50% discount for Spanish students and children
- Free for little ones younger than 10
- By email: email@example.com
- By phone: (00.502) 7832-8033
For more information, please visit our website: www.ninosdeguatemala.org
Niños de Guatemala
4a Calle Oriente #41, Casa Convento Concepción,